Rapidly build and deploy services-based applications! RAD Server supports REST with JSON (or XML) parameter passing and return results. Publish APIs, manage connected users and devices, capture analytics about the use and users of applications, and connect to local and enterprise databases using FireDAC components. RAD Server also supports user authentication, push notifications, geolocation, and data storage.
- REST End Point Publishing, An all-in-one turnkey foundation for your application back end APIs and Services.
- Integration Middleware, Integrations provide out of the box connectivity with external servers, applications and services.
- Application Services, Ready-to-use built-in services including user directory services and user management, push notifications, user location tracking, and built-in data storage.
- Easy-To-Deploy RAD Server is easy to develop, deploy and operate making it ideally suited for ISVs and OEMs building re-deployable solutions.
- Delphi and C++Builder Support. RAD Server works out of the box with Delphi and C++Builder.
Multi-Tier Development Made Easy
Before RAD Server, developers custom built back-end Delphi and C++Builder application servers using server toolkits like DataSnap which provided a few basic server building blocks for multi-tier, but left the vast majority of the development to the developer. Enter RAD Server. With RAD Server, developers can now simply load Delphi and C++ business logic methods into RAD Server, add some users, and go. REST/JSON end-points are auto-created and managed. Access control is handled. Data storage is built-in or you can easily connect to any popular Enterprise RDBMS or cloud service. Track and respond to user location. Push notifications to users. Integrated smart IoT devices into your solution. And deploy on site or in the cloud. Multi-tier has never been this simple, turn-key, flexible, and powerful.
- Build Client UX, Quickly Build your UX Forms for Desktop and Mobile platforms in RAD Studio, Delphi or C++Builder
- Integrate, Connect RAD Server to your Enterprise Databases, Cloud Services and IoT Devices to extend your application.
- Add Application Services, Add users and API access control rules, and turn on data persistence to use the built-in secure data store.
- Add Users, Configure user groups and add users via the RAD Server portal or import from LDAP. Assign API access rights to control what functionality different user groups have access to.
- Deploy, Host your RAD Server on an a private “on prem” Windows server or cloud host on Amazon, Rackspace or Azure Clouds.
REST End-Point Publishing
Easy REST API Endpoint Creation, Publishing, And Management.
- REST Endpoint Publishing, Create and publish your server REST/JSON API-based endpoints. Endpoints can be extended by integrating a wide range of databases, cloud services, IoT devices, and other technologies.
- API Analytics, All REST API end-point activity is recorded and measured for robust statistics tracking and analytics. Analyze user, API, and services activity to gain insight into how your application is being utilized.
- Access Control, Add users via console portal and import, or authenticate users via LDAP-based API services. Easily configure API-level access control to user groups.
- Desktop, Mobile & Web, Build desktop, mobile, web, console, and other application types supported by RAD Studio. Web client applications can be built using Sencha Ext JS or other programming languages
RAD Studio includes high performance integrations that make it easy to connect Enterprise Data, Cloud Services and Smart IoT devices into your multi-tier application. RAD Studio’s Enterprise DACs enable fast pooled connections to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, and more. Client connection pooling also eliminates complex and heavy weight RDBMS client drivers and configurations. Clients applications connect to RAD Server via lightweight REST for data access, application services, and application API calls. RAD Server includes the new IoT ThingConnect and ThingPoint IoT Edgeware making it easy to connect a wide array of wireless smart devices and sensors into your application solution, even in remote and difficult to access locations.
RAD Server includes a powerful set of built-in core services to power your application back-end eliminating the need to build the key foundational components of your server application. Core services like User directory services, authentication, and access control, push notifications, JSON data-storage, and user proximity and indoor/outdoor user location tracking and fencing.